The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Monday, June 1, 2009

Lawn Care and How I Don't


My husband is the master of our mower. He knows it's ins and outs. I will use a weed whacker on occasion but I have left off using most power tools since I had a incident with an outdoor extension cord. (when I say "an" it really wasn't one but three outdoor extension cords and a electric hedge trimmer and it was last year). Now flash forward past my hedge clipping issues to this past week when due to a illness that left my sweetheart out of commission for a week, I was left to look at weeds and grass that tickled my ankles and threatened my knees. I had an idea...... Flash forward 10 tense minutes where I managed to remove the mower from my crowded garage, filled it with gas.....so far so good. I mean how hard could this be, then walked it out onto the back forty. I started her up and mowed.....I mowed that yard to within an inch of it's grassy life. The mower sputtered and then died just as I finished the last row. Perfect timing, There was even a thunderstorm rolling in just as I put the mower in the garage. (Dang....I was Queen of the World). I went inside and the glow of my exertions lasted until the sun shone the next day on my freshly butchered lawn. There were spots where the lawn was not mowed and grass poked up ready to seed, then bare patches where I cut to close.....and the edges, well I am not going to say anything about the edges. That's when I started thinking that the difference between MY cutting the lawn and my husband cutting the lawn was the difference between going to a barber to have your hair cut and having your mom cut it. When I told my sweetheart that he laughed and said "It just takes some practice." I am not interested in practicing......... I think I will just buy another extension cord. I already have plenty of practice with the hedge trimmers. Hopefully, The forth time is a charm.

3 comments:

  1. Just as an FYI I took that photo in our yard....Dandy lion aye.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not I get sick when the lawn is mowed. The smell gives me a horrible headache! So I don't mow.
    You make me smile and laugh. I would love to be inside you brain, what a blast that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No you wouldn't It is so cluttered in there. Shoot just the old shoes and half used boxes of tissues alone need their own room......One day I will clean it but not today.....
    Think that is what I will write about next.
    How I cleaned my brain. by abby normal (ala Young Frankinstein)
    deb

    ReplyDelete