The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Friday, January 1, 2010

Why I LOVE New Years Day


Not including the 5 lbs. I gained during my holiday induced eating fest. I love sitting back on New Years Day and looking over the past week and even past years and thinking that today is the start of a fresh clean slate. The gifts have been opened and the chips have fell where they may. The feeling doesn't last long so I try to savor it like a good chocolate rolling it around in my brain and hoping that the ball created from all that rolling collects only the good things I want to keep with me for the next year. The mess that is left after last years mistakes and self induced stupidity can be swept up in little brain baggies and dropped by the side of the road. I am clean and the room of my brain is ready to start again. The year can then again unfold in front of me in endless possibilities. Flipped open with a swift, floomp like a table cloth, clean snow white and ready to form into whatever I want to create. Now if I could just get this feeling of power and creativity to last longer than the span of a cup of coffee I could bottle it and keep it with me when I need it. Coffee, That's the ticket.

3 comments:

  1. My resolution(s):
    "Use the talent you possess. The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best."

    "Whatever you are,
    be a good one."
    -Abraham Lincoln

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are as colorful as your art. Love it.

    ReplyDelete