The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

The Heeling

It is funny how winter clothing covers a variety of sins that in the summer I would never allow to happen to my body. Not to sound like a skin lotion commercial but I realized last week while laughing with friends that the skin on my heels was roughly the consistency of a cheese greater and perhaps that was why there was a hole in the heal of my favorite pair of socks.......my tired and weary feet were in need of a coat of polish and a pedi-egg (also useful for grating parmigiana cheese) I confessed my shame to another friend (I am dry/and cracked and not just my humor)and she had a solution. She sold Mary Kay at one time and handed me a cute little purse with magic lotion in it. I didn't have a cow to exchange for these beans but i know magic when I see it. The only thing missing from the package exchange was the voice of the Big G vibrating around us saying "USE THIS AND YOU WILL BE HEALED.....In you HEELS......Oh ME! just start the car....she is a weirdo....No this was your idea I wanted to take a trip to the Red Sea"
I rushed home and locked the doors. This reeked of something clandestine and mildly well.....Ah Dirty........
Lobster Hot water (check)
portable DVD player and episodes of LOST (Check)
Lotions from at least 25 different hotels (check)
Girly Soap (check)
fruity shampoo (check)
loofah (check)
Heel scraper (check)
fluids to keep hydrated (check) hey this was major reconstruction work.
Razor (check)
finger nail clippers (check)
cotton gloves or old socks (check)
an hour with no interruptions (check)
A few restful minutes later I emerge scrubbed, shaved, squeaky pruned and caught up with Disk 3 season 5.
Now for the magic. This stuff is simply called MARY KAY EXTRA EMOLLIENT NIGHT CREAM put on your feet or hands at night or for me before my mid-afternoon sleep with a pair of cotton gloves and or cotton socks and the results is startling. I suddenly see what could be tantalizing about all those beauty serums. I am not saying I agree with the girl who uses botox to keep those little wrinkles at bay when she is 24. But Damn as a printmaker I can't remember the last time I didn't look like my hands were put through a meat grinder then rubbed with black grease. So thank you Big G and Mary Kay.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness this is a riot....The Ads for this blog involve skin care.....I am not a skin care kind of girl....

    ReplyDelete