The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Friday, January 29, 2010

C is for Coffee

My son asked as I poured the cup that I am drinking..."how can you drink that? It stinks......" Gulg glug glug.... Easily but, I can remember a young me thinking....yuck that reeks like mud pies. Creamy dirt was how my daughter described it or Burnt cupcakes said my other food critic. I started because I wanted to be more adult (I didn't go the cigarette route I was a bit of a chicken and wanted to live if my parents found out.) Now I am just addicted. Hi, my name is Deb and it has been 3 hours since my last cup of Dixie Donuts coffee. One professional with whom I had sought advice, told me it was my drug of choice. She also told me that for at least nine months I would have to do without if I wanted decaf offspring. Visions of trembling uncoordinated fetus's kicking for the next cup of joe was more than I can bear. It was a long dry....gestation period.
I work nights. All night, 4 nights a week, all dark, all the time. I know my coffee. I can drink any sludge that comes my way. Truck stop coffee at 3:00 am? Yes, please. So when I come across something sublime It should be shouted about. This isn't a "runs on" coffee or the chain that is selling lifestyles and blues music. Don't get me wrong I like those other coffees but......I am voting with my dollars. I go to Dixie Donuts. I had heard from a friend (thanks Dawn) that I should try Dixie for their donuts. Dawn is knowledgeable in all things tasty and if she says try it I do. (I should add a disclaimer.....I only buy coffee occasionally because I am saving my pennies for a rainy day.) The first time I stopped at Dixie Donuts I didn't understand. I had no concept of how they could stay in business with so much competition and keep the hours they do. They are not open on Sundays so plan accordingly. Those Dixie people are crafty. They keep several containers of doughnut hole samples right next to the register. I thought that was evil of them until I took one. They are just trying to help me. Yeah liberate my thinking towards doughnut stereotypes. But I digress, we are talking of coffee. Go to Dixie's try the coffee you wont be disappointed. If you dont like your coffee unflavored try the pumpkin spice cappuccino. Although, my brother teases me that I dont need flavoring in my coffee because it is well....coffee flavored. Then when you see how wonderful they are tell your friends. Join the facebook fan site. But mostly spend your pennies there because they deserve it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Norwich-CT/Dixie-Donuts-LLC/207925767852?ref=ts

No comments:

Post a Comment