The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Tissues and Lotion


Something so small can make such a big difference. Walking the aisle waiting for the pharmacist to call my name I recently pondered the inventions in my life that have made a big difference. Yes My Ipod is something I wouldn't want to do without how else could I listen to the complete and unabridged Harry Potter books 1 -7 non stop or stream the latest Dave Matthews concert (If I listen carefully I think I can hear my own screaming in the background....) But, none of them have made as much impact in the last 24 hours as a tissue with built in lotion. Perhaps for those of you with dirtier minds, tissues and lotion bring other thoughts. Not being a boy I don't appreciate their allure or the images they conjure. No, I have seen the advent of tissues that no longer leave my nose feeling like I have rubbed it repeatedly with sandpaper. For that I am grateful. I am also grateful for Antibiotics and steroids. For without the two this entry might have waited another week to be typed. So when the tissue maker who shall remain nameless but sounds like puffs plus came out with the whole lotion deal I thought why should I spend the extra money on a gimmick. Yet, standing there in the pharmacy aisle I would have done anything to help my youngest feel better and if a tissue claimed that it could keep his little nose from feeling broken and sore I would do what needed to be done. Thankfully that didn't require a moonlit raid on my neighbors stash or a trip to the hock shop after I paid for all of our prescriptions. My husband tells me it's the little things. So yes I do think he's right (you have it in writing now) These are the little things I am thankful for, friends who bring dinner and movies when we are sick, Small pills that fight infections in little lungs and tissues with lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment