The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

It followed me home......really


It is 560 lbs. of grey steel beauty, A printing press and it is the Holy Grail for print makers...... your own press........I have been praying for one for years. Simple prayers that always begin somewhere between ...."Dear Lord, Please let me show you that winning the lottery won't corrupt me, I promise to be generous and kind to all in need." and "Dear Lord, please be with me I am scared of (You name it I am afraid)" Somewhere in there I noticed that the things I was jokingly asking for were starting to find their way to me. Now, I know that I prayed for a printing press many years ago.....well about 22 to be exact but it just goes to show that I didn't need one until now. I guess that means there is still time for the lottery.......but I digress. My lovely next door neighbor happens to have a friend who is moving over seas and cannot take her Vandercot proof press with her. In the course of an afternoon chat my name came up and BOOM chicka wow wow.....I am mentioned and it was all down hill from there....... So now I am for in the debt of a wonderful lady named Rosie....(Everyone send good prayers to Rosie as way of thank yous....Thanks Rosie.....Thank you everyone) And I am staying up late into the night trying to figure a way to get this puppy home. Ah, that it could just follow me. I would leave that trail of bread crumbs gladly. I really did stay up last night just pondering it then this afternoon My family and I were eating dinner with a friend who is in town for just a little while with his two teen aged boys and the light came on....There is a truck and five of us.........we are going to give it a go....

What is the worst that could happen? Oh I don't want to think about that ........"Dear Lord Please................"

To be continued......

2 comments:

  1. Did you get it?? Did they help you? You would have had 4 boys....5 if you include Eli. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm just so excited for you! I can just see it now, the clouds parted, angels sang....now get busy printing!

    ReplyDelete