The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Friday, May 15, 2009

My shameful love for Kermit the Frog






I am coming out of the closet, throwing open the windows and shouting it for all to hear. Kermit the frog has been the object of my affection for most of my life. When at six and Brownies fell on the same night as the Muppet show I knew which had to go. I didn't really miss Brownies. The Brownie leaders basement smelled funny anyway. I knew that we had a date every Thursday night. Time and hormones have a way of helping you forget those first crushes. Kermit was no different. I knew it would never work out between us and I had no desire to be just another Miss Piggy. I had all but forgotten my green fetish until there was a drink milk campaign and Kermit was show wearing a tweed coat and a milk mustache. I admit it My heart went pitter pat. I kept the add. Now I know that there are more of us out there or else I would not have been able to find the image online. http://www.froggyville.com/images/collect/gotmilkposter.jpg

I was flipping through a Rolling Stone Magazine (Back when I was hip and young) and I saw Kermit and I joked with my husband of eight years that he never had to worry about me straying because the my only other love was Kermit the frog. The very next holiday (Christmas or my birthday I forget now) I was blindfolded and given a the nicest piece of furniture I had ever owned. A mission style rocking chair and sitting cross legged on its slats was a Kermit the frog. If you squeezed his belly he would say things like "I am feeling a little green today" and when you held his mouth shut he would hum. Pressing his hand a buzzing noise would start open his mouth and he ate it smacking his lips. Everything was perfect. Yet one sunny afternoon I found myself rocking Kermit. I came to rocking that silly frog. Kermit looked at me a plastic eyed sage. His tag read something about ages of use but, the word that stuck was children. Kermit was there when I realised that I could no longer be the child but would raise them. Broaching the subject with my sweetheart was easy. He had known already what I had been to blinded by youth to see. He laughed and shook his head. Rick has always been good at reading the road signs and having a plan. It was time and what was more we were in the same place, scared but ready. Kermit was at the hospital and in each nursery. He has been chewed (by both dog and child) washed, dragged, thrown, spit up on, peed on, washed some more and used as a dust rag. (Sorry Kermi)
Other frogs have invaded our house. There is even a frog bathroom. Just a few days ago as an I love you or a now you have one of your own, I am not sure which, I got my first Webkin. I have named him Morris. Morris is nice but there is only one Kermit. Thank you Kermit.

2 comments: