The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Saturday, July 18, 2009

The Sweetness


This summer, with doom and gloom that surrounds us has felt like an oasis for me. I feel the sweetness like a gift from God. From the Farmers market in my hometown to knocking around at the book barn (sweet) Spending time being able to enjoy the company of friends and laughing so much it hurts. (Sweetness) There is no need to spend money on a big meal......There is the phone call "Well, what have you got in your fridge...yeah cool that came out of your garden sweet..... well I have this in mine and some of that frozen sounds great........" I have enjoyed fireworks, walks at my favorite parks with my favorite people, sand between my toes and blue sea around me. I know that every news program shouts at me how deep in debt I am and how I will lose my house or my job if I am not careful, but for now in this piece of peace I can keep back these adult nightmares and just be in the Present. Last Saturday morning I was walking through a little local farmers market and there were my neighbors selling the soaps they had made or the honey from their bees, the maple syrup from their trees. It felt right. So for you my friends reading this. Thank you for having a great summer with me......Get this we still have weeks left in which to have fun. My bathing suit is drying on the line and I think it is time to be sandy and salty again.....Hey the Raspberries are really getting ripe......Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment