The Summer Starts Today

There is something about the last day of school and the feel of warm early summer mornings that make me think I am going to be spouting off at the mouth much more frequently than I have been... so I have added some extra gadgets to this site to help make me easier to follow..... Well at least to read I have never been easy to follow.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Counting the Ceiling Tiles


Rushing home to shave my legs and clean all the important bits, I realized that one way or the other I would end up counting ceiling tiles today, desire for the task was not an option. I had actually considered myself lucky that I had not needed to do this for almost a year, not ideal granted, but there were certain things that needed taking care of and I wouldn't let fear stop me. No tooth paste on the clothes, check. Clean underwear, check although, that didn't really matter I probably wouldn't have them on long. Dread......yep dread. I think there is a pimple on my butt...can't do anything about it and I wasn't the first person in history to have that. Should I get a coffee a drink?....Nope (coffee and I need to drive after) I didn't even eat first my scale doesn't lie. How will I explain the bruises on my knees will it matter. Should I worry about grooming everywhere? Now that I am over 40 there are so many more hoops to jump through but thankfully this isn't something I have to pay for. I consider for a moment how hard it would be to have to pay "for services rendered". Damn, I am sitting waiting sweating slightly....I have heard so many horror stories and I realize that although I shaved my armpits I forgot to put on deodorant. I am grateful the heat is on and that I didn't have to wait outside. Why is this so difficult? The nurse walks in and we begin. In 10 (Girl Scouts honor)minutes I put my clothes on and I go home with paperwork for the next inconvenience designed to keep me healthy. The whole ride home I kicked myself for allowing negative thoughts and insecurities to creep into my thinking.......Every woman needs to make sure she doesn't have a silent time bomb ticking away in her. My doctor was wonderful and even comforting when she explained that now that I was 40 they were going to have to check all my "parts" and that no I would not need to turn and COUGH. (It wasn't that bad.......No really......)
It was a drop ceiling and there were no stains. 12 tiles and one poster of a horse and pony.
And no those aren't my arms and legs....

2 comments:

  1. I think they should have murals on the ceiling. I'd even volunteer to do one for my doctor.
    Who's arms and legs are they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend who wanted some bare(ish) not Garish pics done.....thought they were perfect for this. It was a liberating experience taking those pics. I was able to show the feminine lovely without it being crude. There is always been that desire for me to take photos of people that they can look at and think to themselves wow that really captured the things I like about myself.
    See you tonight.
    deb

    ReplyDelete